How do I set up Briiv for the first time?
1. Find a suitable place for your Briiv near a power outlet.
2. Connect the USB cable to the base of the Briiv unit.
3. Insert the plug into the power outlet with the USB cable connected.
4. Briiv is now receiving power.
5. Remove the bag of moss from the top of Briiv.
6. Open the bag of moss.
7. Remove the moss and gently place evenly within the glass portion of Briiv.
How do I turn Briiv on?
Briiv operates with a touch-sensitive interface that also operates via touchless sensors. Using the touchless features of Briiv can help reduce the transfer of unwanted pathogens, bacteria and other unwanted substances onto the Briiv.
1. The front of the unit is indicated by a white dot on the base of Briiv. The control interface is located above the white dot.
2. Wave your hand in front of Briiv to wake it up.
3. Alternatively, you can touch Briiv anywhere on its interface to wake it up.
How do I change the speed of Briiv?
Briiv has four speed settings to control the clean air delivery rate (CADR) you wish to achieve.
Using the interface, select the speed you wish Briiv to run at. The interface consists of a illuminated + and – symbols. + increases the fan speed, - decreases the fan speed.
You can alter the speed by touching the interface or through touchless operation by performing the same action without touching Briiv.
The speed can also be controlled via the Briiv app.
How do I use the 1 hour cycle button?
Briiv’s 1 Hour Filter Cycle allows you to set Briiv running for one hour before shutting off.
To activate the 1 Hour Filter Cycle, either touch or place your hand near the ‘1’ part of the interface.
Once activated, a ‘1’ will illuminate. When the ‘1’ turns off, Briiv will have completed the one-hour cycle.
While running it will disable the speed controls.
To turn it off press the 1 hour button again until it is no longer illuminated.
How do I change the moss & coconut filters?
Carefully lift the glass of Briiv upward (either with both hands or by carefully placing your fingers within the air intake hole at the top of the glass and gently grip) and set safely to one side.
- Carefully lift the glass of Briiv upward.
- Push the moss & coconut filters down and out of the glass.
- Place the new coconut filter on a flat surface Place the glass on top of the new coconut filter so it fits inside.
- Once the coconut is in place, you can insert your new moss filter inside of the glass.
- The old moss and coconut can be composted.
Replace the glass piece on top of the Briiv base unit gently, making sure to align with the base so the glass piece is secure.
How do I change the matrix filter?
- Carefully lift the glass of Briiv upward (either with both hands or by carefully placing your fingers within the air intake hole at the top of the glass and gently grip) and set safely to one side.
- Inside the bioplastic base of Briiv is the matrix filter housing. Open the box container to access the filter.
- Remove the used matrix filter.
- Insert your new matrix filter dark-side facing up into the square-shaped recess.
- Close the box container
- Replace the glass top of Briiv with the coconut and moss inside. Dispose of the matrix in your regular general waste. Replace the glass piece on top of the Briiv base unit gently, making sure to align with the base so the glass piece is secure.
How do I connect Briiv to the app?
First download the app here
To connect Briiv to your WiFi signal when indicated to do so by the app, touch and hold the 1 Hour Filter Cycle button for 8 SECONDS and use the Briiv app to connect to the internet.